Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fairy Monkey Princess

This year my younger daughter wants to be a Fairy Monkey Princess.  I have no idea what this is, but I think I can make her a monkey hat to go with it.  I found enough brown and tan worsted, and I think I'll use this pattern here.  It has the ears on the side, so she can put a princess hat on as well.  And if I'm feeling particularly froggy (or, well, actually not froggy, but rather, productive and have the time, I guess.  Froggy does not mean what it normally means in knitting), I can even make her a tiara to go with!  I actually do want to make the tiaras for the girls, just for fun anyway.  Might make one for myself.  Then I can do the tiara flail like Amy Farrah Fowler...

I have no idea what Elder Child is thinking of for Halloween.  She's a lot like her daddy, in that he sort of decides in the moment.  She might wait till we're in the store and something will speak to her, and that will be her Halloween costume. 

I pulled out the decorations the night before last, and I think tonight we'll start spookifying the house.  The front porch isn't fixed yet, so I won't be putting up a wreath this year.  Water leaks between the front door and the screen door because the prior owners used a storm window as a replacement for the transom window.  Protip - this does not actually work, and will eventually result in many, many leaks. 

I also found my grandma's set of Corelle dishes.  They're from the 80's and are plain white with a thin grey border and pale coral flowers.  Nothing fancy, nothing too dated.  They'll be coming into rotation in the cupboard, and my Pfaltzgraff is going into storage.  The older it gets, the less pieces are available to replace and I want them to be safe from overhelpful young girls who might break them.  Or my mother, who also breaks things.  Thanks to her, I am down an oval serving dish and a butter dish lid.  Eventually I hope to have oh-so-charming mismatched, color-coordinated servingware for everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment